Friday 2 March 2012

Sad Goodbyes

September 2009 to journey begins...
My very first sea trip out to Tusker Rock near Porthcawl.  Armed with only a spray deck, buoyancy aid, paddle and of course my Easky.  Seems nothing compared to the amount of kit I have to sort out now before I go out on the water. 
A confidence booster, a first attempt at surfing.
The 'big freeze' last year, armed with a few more bits of kit.
Me and my boat on Nash Sand Bar.
Where there are highs there are lows...the Easky safely strapped to the HMS Exploit after a bit of bother in the Bristol Channel.
Getting the hang of the surfing last summer on a trip out to Skommer Island.
Gilestone Beach, first launch, the place I spent my evenings practicing turns and rolls.  Tomorrow my Easky will be going to a new home.  I hope it brings as many memories to it's new owner as it has me.

4 comments:

stoney (Martyn) said...

Nice little memory 'jogger' there.
So long as the new owner gets out in the boat, then they will experience the same adventure, surprise and amazment that we do :)

Taran Tyla said...

Cheesy, I can hear violins ;D

Stuart sea kayk said...

haha! you get attached...some of the best paddles done with that boat. Can't wait to get started again on this wooded vessel.

51˚N Seakayaking said...

Hey Stu, I know how you feel it's like loosing an old friend.